My brother always wanted to be a writer. When he was seventeen, he penned is first and only book. Years passed and he would spend his free time working on his book - perfecting the characters, the dialogue.
Ten years ago, he suffered a physical setback. He won't ever be able to finish his book. I was afraid that he might toss his notebook filled with his scribbled notes containing the only draft of his magnum opus - the notebook that meant so much to him all of his life but unfortunately now it is insignificant in his eyes. I took the notebook home.
My dream is to submit his manuscript to a self publishing site like Lulu.com. I plan to give it to him, hoping that he might recognize his pseudonym. I will tell him how proud I am of his achievement. This will be my gift to him.
Wednesday, November 5, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment